This option to travel the Inca Trail in Peru is a private service - not in group - with more comfort, in VIP, for a stay made to remember. You will do this hike in a limited time with a private guide who will make you discover all the secrets and Inca legends.
The first day is a hike in the footsteps of the Incas, with archaeological sites and the discovery of Peruvian flora and fauna. The second day will be spent visiting the incredible Sanctuary of Machu Picchu which you can enjoy at sunrise.
Our day will start early in the morning. We will go by bus to the northwest of Cusco and we will pass villages like Chinchero (3760m) and Ollantaytambo (2800m), located in a very fertile area where corn is grown. Then, the trail will take us to the highest point of the region: the Malaga Pass (4400m). During our descent through the Amaybamba Valley, we will enjoy the superb view of snow-capped mountains and cloud forests. We will then pass the Chaullay pass (1200m) and we will head to Huancacalle (3000m), where we will spend the night in a local hotel.
Time of walking: 8 hours
Climate : hot and cold
Elevation : Cusco (3400 m) - Ollantaytambo (2800 m) – Malaga pass (4400 m) - Chaullay (2950 m) - Vilcabamba (Huancacalle, 3000 m)
During this day, we will visit the archaeological sites of Vitcos Rosasapata (3080m) and Ñustahispana (3050m). Our tour will take us through beautiful vegetation to the mountain passes Pumachaca (3900m) and Azutina (4000m). We will spend the night in our camp, mounted in the community of Raccachaca (3700m).
Time of walking: 8 hours
Climate : warm and cold with mosquitos
Elevation : Vilcabamba (3000 m) - Vitcos Rosaspata (3080 m) - Abra Pumachaca (3900 m) / Azutina (4000 m) - Racachaca (3700 m)
During the day, some locals will tell us the traditions and customs of their region. Then we will pass the passes Yanacocha (4420m), Tullu Tacana (4500m) and Mojon (4500m). From here we will have a great view of the Salkantay mountain. After lunch, we will go down to Laccococha (3600m), our place of encampment.
Time of walking: 7 hours
Climate : cold
Elevation : Raccachaca (3700 m) - HatúnPampa (4000 m) – Mojon pass (4500 m) - Laccococha (3600 m)
Our day will begin with a breakfast with a magnificent view of the mountains. While crossing Mutuypata forest (3250m), we will admire the vegetation of the region. We will also see coffee plantations and tropical fruits. In the small village of Yanatile (2200m), we will take a bus to Hydroelectrica, then we will take a train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a hotel.
Time of walking: 7 hours
Climate : hot and cold with mosquitos
Elevation : Laccococha (3600 m) - Mutuypata (3250 m) - Yanatile (2200 m) - Hidroeléctrica (1950 m) - Aguas Calientes (2005 m)
We will leave the hotel after breakfast at 5:30 and we will ride to Machu Picchu (2400m) by tourist bus. We will arrive at the citadel around 06:00. After a guided tour of the archaeological site (including information about life and culture of the Incas), you will have time to explore Machu Picchu at your own pace, as well as the Huayna Picchu if you wish. We will leave Aguas Calientes by train at 14h55 or 18h20, until Ollantaytambo, then a bus will take you to your hotel in Cusco.
NB : If you wish to climb the Hayna Picchu, please book your entry at the same time as you book for Machu Picchu, (at least 3 months in advance) as the number of entries to Huayna Picchu is limited by Ministry of Culture.
Time of transport : 4h30
Time of visiting : 2 hours
Climate : hot
Elevation : Aguas Calientes (2005 m) - Machu Picchu (2400 m) - Cusco (3400 m)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING
HOTEL & RESTAURANT
During the high season (May to August), we are subject to restrictions set by the Ministry of Culture, which provides us with passes for Mach Picchu, so the trek departure dates could be changed to one or two days past, we will then adapt the program so that you can make the most of it.
(1) Huayna Picchu mountain tour or Machu Picchu: To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the booking and guarantee your entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu. With, of course, an additional charge of $ 70.00 in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture (this new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Additional carrier : According to the law (26702) of the Ministry of Employment, the collaboration of an additional bearer will be granted at the request of the customer. However, the customer's luggage must not exceed 12 kilograms. The service costs USD 140 and includes transportation, entrance to the Inca Trail, food and camping equipment.
(3) Gratuities : For guides (and possible porters) are always welcome.
(4) Student card : To qualify for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION : For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense. (See the terms and conditions)