Discover through this short and intense trek the majestic Vinicunca Mountain (nicknamed the Mountain Rainbow). After 2 days of walking, you will be able to admire the landscape that offers at the top the view on the mountain Vinicunca (5 200m), on Ausangate Mountain (6398 m).
Meet at your hotel at 5:30 and depart for 3 hours to the Southern Valley, from where we will join the Quesiuno trail (4326 m). Once at the Inkintuyoc Bridge, our chef will prepare a wonderful breakfast. After the meal, we will load all the things on the back of the mules and start the hike. Following a charming river, you will be immediately surprised by the herds of Alpacas and Lamas. All along we will have seen on the incredible mountain Ausangate of 6398 m of altitude. We will cross villages and exchange with local residents. We will surely also have the opportunity to see chinchillas and vicuñas. After a walk of 3 to 4 hours, we will arrive at our camp Ccayrabiri, near the village Llamachimpana. Our chef will have prepared a fantastic lunch for our arrival. After lunch, (weather permitting) we will go to the village to meet its inhabitants. They will tell us their local customs and love to share their stories with travelers. In addition, we will be entitled to a course on local agriculture: plantations of Andean potatoes. When we return to camp, we will have a snack and a dinner. We spend the night in tents.
Time of transport: 3 hours
Time of walking: 3 to 4 hours
Elevation : Cusco (3400 m) - Quesiuno (4326 m) - Llamachimpana (4598 m)
Coca tea infusion upon up waking and a hearty breakfast concocted by the chef and a splendid sunrise. After two and a half hours of climbing, we will arrive at the rainbow mountain. On the climb, we will have a dazzling view of impressive red mountains, the Ausangate Glacier and the Surine Mountain. We will finally arrive at our destination, Vinicunca Mountain (5,200 m). We will then have time to explore the surroundings, enjoy the scenery and take pictures. We will stay about 30 minutes at the top. Then it will be time to come down again, the same way we will come. The downhill walk will be 4 to 5 hours. The chef will be waiting for us downstairs with a hearty lunch. We will then board for 3 hours drive back to Cusco, and we will drop you off at your hotel.
Time of walking: 07 hours
Climate : Cold
Elevation : Llamachimpana (4598 m) - Vinicunca (5200 m) - Quesiuno (4326 m) - Cusco (3400 m)
Note of Attention : Most communities in the region are very poor, living only from agriculture and livestock. Our agency wants to help them. A small voluntary donation will always be welcome so that they can buy clothes or school supplies for children. They will be very grateful to you.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING
HOTEL & RESTAURANT
During the high season (May to August), we are subject to restrictions set by the Ministry of Culture, which provides us with passes for Mach Picchu, so the trek departure dates could be changed to one or two days past, we will then adapt the program so that you can make the most of it.
(1) Huayna Picchu mountain tour or Machu Picchu: To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the booking and guarantee your entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu. With, of course, an additional charge of $ 70.00 in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture (this new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Additional carrier : According to the law (26702) of the Ministry of Employment, the collaboration of an additional bearer will be granted at the request of the customer. However, the customer's luggage must not exceed 12 kilograms. The service costs USD 140 and includes transportation, entrance to the Inca Trail, food and camping equipment.
(3) Gratuities : For guides (and possible porters) are always welcome.
(4) Student card : To qualify for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION : For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense. (See the terms and conditions)