This trek offers you an incredible combination of the Lares Valley with its breathtaking landscapes and the traditional Andean culture, the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu, in 4 days. You will cross impressive scenery of mountains, snow-capped peaks, spending two nights in traditional Peruvian villages.
The Inca Trail is without a doubt one of the most beautiful paths in America and therefore an unforgettable experience not to be missed. The trail crosses the protected wilderness of the jungle and Peruvian highland forest, passing through several Inca archaeological sites and offers impressive panoramas. The Incas used this route for their pilgrimage to the sacred citadel of Machu Picchu.
Around 6 am, departure from your hotel and about 3 hours drive to the village of Larés, starting point of the trek. On the way, we will make a stop at the village of Calca, where we can visit the local market and have breakfast. You can buy some school supplies for the children we meet during our walk. When we arrive in Lares, with the possibility of bathing in the hot springs if that tells you, while the cooks will prepare a gourmet lunch.
After lunch we will start walking towards our first camp located in the village of Huacawasi (3800m). For 3 hours, we will climb little by little on high hills. The first night we will spend it near the house of one of the muleteers of our team. On arrival, the tents will be installed, we will be entitled to a small snack with a hot drink before dinner.
Time of transport : 4 hours
Time of walking : 4 hours
Climate during the day: hot
Climate during the night : (very) cold
Elevation : Cusco (3400 m) – Lares (3100 m) – Huacawasi (3800 m)
After a breakfast we will start walking towards the highest point of the trek, the Huacahuasi C'asa pass at 4500m. The hike will take about 4 hours and will be physical. The landscapes of mountains and green plateaus, agricultural terraces will be breathtaking, a great reward for your efforts.
Prepare for significant temperature drops.
After reaching the highest peak, we will descend and pass by the beautiful lake of Aruray Cocha where we will have lunch. Then we continue the descent through the Yurak cocha lake and the forest, where you will discover the "Queuñas" (Polypepis), a typical Peruvian tree. This walk will take 4 hours until we reach our camp in Pucara (3000 m). A wonderful place where you will receive hot tea and a snack upon arrival, before dinner.
Time of walking : 8 to 9 hours
Climate day/night: hot/cold
Elevation: Huacawasi (3800 m) – Huacahuasi Pass (4500 m) – Laguna Aroray Cocha (4250 m) – Laguna Yurak Cocha (3560 m) – Pucara (3000 m)
At 6am, a vehicle will bring you to the village of Ollantaytambo.
From there, we will take a train to the point '' km 104 '', starting point for the Royal Road of the Incas. with a walk to Chachabamba (2270m), where our guide will give us information on the ancient function that archaeological sites had. After that we will reach Wiñayhuayna (2650 m), the most important archaeological site just after Machu Picchu. Then our route continues to the Sun Gate '' Inti Punku '', a great viewpoint where you can admire the sunset over Machu Picchu (2400m). As we have to continue walking to our hotel in Aguas Calientes, we will not spend much time in Machu Picchu on this first day. But you will have the opportunity to fully appreciate the beauty of the site the next day at sunrise.
Time of walking : 6 hours
Time of transport : 1h30
Climate : Hot
Elevation : Pucara (3000 m)- Ollantaytambo (2700 m)- km 104 (2250 m) – Wiñayhuayna (2650 m) - Aguas Calientes(2050 m)
We will leave our hotel in Machu Picchu after breakfast around 5:30 by bus. We leave so early because at this time there will be fewer people, and the morning is a great time to enjoy the calm and ancient spirits of the most famous archaeological site of the continent. At the citadel around 6:00 am, our guide will make us discover all the secrets of Machu Picchu and its history and the ceremonies that were celebrated there. Then you'll have enough time to enjoy and explore the site for yourself (for example: go to the Inca Bridge, explore the variety of buildings or climb Waynapicchu for a panoramic view). A bus will drop you back to Aguas Calientes. There you will have the opportunity to go in the warm waters of the city (10.00 soles the entrance). We will leave Aguas Calientes in the afternoon by train to Ollantaytambo, where a bus will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
Time of walking/visiting : 2 hours
Time of transport : 4h (Aguas Calientes - Cusco) and 30 minutes (Bus Machu Picchu)
Climate : hot with mosquitos
Elevation : Aguas Calientes (2050 m)- Machu Picchu(2400 m) – Cusco (3400 m)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING
HOTEL & RESTAURANT
During the high season (May to August), we are subject to restrictions set by the Ministry of Culture, which provides us with passes for Mach Picchu, so the trek departure dates could be changed to one or two days past, we will then adapt the program so that you can make the most of it.
(1) Huayna Picchu mountain tour or Machu Picchu: To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the booking and guarantee your entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu. With, of course, an additional charge of $ 70.00 in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture (this new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Additional carrier : According to the law (26702) of the Ministry of Employment, the collaboration of an additional bearer will be granted at the request of the customer. However, the customer's luggage must not exceed 12 kilograms. The service costs USD 140 and includes transportation, entrance to the Inca Trail, food and camping equipment.
(3) Gratuities : For guides (and possible porters) are always welcome.
(4) Student card : To qualify for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION : For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense. (See the terms and conditions)