This option to travel the Inca Trail in Peru is a private service - not in group - with more comfort, in VIP, for a stay made to remember. You will do this hike in a limited time with a private guide who will make you discover all the secrets and Inca legends.
The first day is a hike in the footsteps of the Incas, with archaeological sites and the discovery of Peruvian flora and fauna. The second day will be spent visiting the incredible Sanctuary of Machu Picchu which you can enjoy at sunrise.
We will leave at dawn of Cusco with a private vehicle. We will cross the Sacred Valley of the Incas and follow the course of the Vilcanota River to Ollantaytambo where we will take the train to Kilometer 104, the departure of our trek. It will begin with a short walk to the archaeological site of Chachabamba (2270 meters), where agricultural products were gathered before their transportation to Machu Picchu.
We will continue our walk, with a breathtaking view of the Urubamba River. We can observe different species of orchids. After one last turn, we will see the site of Wañayhuayna below (2700 meters), fabulous urban complex perched on a rocky outcrop, overlooking the Urubamba Valley and dominated by a vast set of terraces.
After lunch, we will continue our walk and we will arrive at the Sun Gate in the afternoon. The view of Machu Picchu from this point, under the beautiful afternoon sun is amazing.
We will descend to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu (2400 meters), which we will only cross today. We will continue to the village of Aguas Calientes, at the foot of the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, where we will settle into a comfortable hotel.
Option: Arrival in the village of Aguas Calientes, you can enjoy the hot springs at 10 soles the entrance.
Time of walking : 6 hours
Distance : 12km
Difficulty level : Medium
Elevation: Cusco (3400 m) - Km 104 (2250 m) - Wiñayhuayna (2700 m) - Aguas Calientes (2005 m)
We will leave our hotel very early after breakfast and will take the first bus at 05:30, which goes up to Machu Picchu (half an hour climb), to enjoy the site under the rising sun. We will visit the places with our guide and he will explain to us how the formerly life in the citadel was, as well as the cults and the ceremonies that the Incas realized in the numerous temples and sacred places present on the site. After 2 hours of guided tour, you can enjoy the magic of Machu Picchu Sanctuary, at your own pace. We will return to Aguas Calientes in the afternoon for lunch (not included). After the meal we will take the train to Ollantaytambo, where the agency shuttle will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
Climate : Hot with mosquitos
Time of walking : 2 hours
Distance : 4 km
Difficulty level : Easy
Elevation : Aguas Calientes (2005 m) - Machu Picchu (2400 m) - Cusco (3400 m)
The train is possible in category Train Hiram Bingham - is a luxury service of the Orient Express, operated by the company "Peru Rail". All inclusive, you will experience an exceptional trip. The Hiram Bingham wagons are distinguished by their blue and gold color, warm and cozy interior and elegant tapestries. The service includes 4 wagons, 2 wagons restaurant, as well as a wagon with panoramic view with bar. Also included are brunch and dinner on board.
To take the train as early as possible, we advise you to spend the night in Urubamba or Ollantaytambo the day before the first day (not included). We can, of course, help you with the transfer of Cusco and the hotel reservation. In this way, you will not have to hurry up on the day of departure.
It is still possible to leave Cusco, but it will be necessary to get up very early (around 4 am).
During the high season (May to August), we are subject to restrictions set by the Ministry of Culture, which provides us with passes for Mach Picchu, so the trek departure dates could be changed to one or two days past, we will then adapt the program so that you can make the most of it.
(1) Huayna Picchu mountain tour or Machu Picchu: To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the booking and guarantee your entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu. With, of course, an additional charge of $ 70.00 in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture (this new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Additional carrier : According to the law (26702) of the Ministry of Employment, the collaboration of an additional bearer will be granted at the request of the customer. However, the customer's luggage must not exceed 12 kilograms. The service costs USD 140 and includes transportation, entrance to the Inca Trail, food and camping equipment.
(3) Gratuities : For guides (and possible porters) are always welcome.
(4) Student card : To qualify for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION : For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense. (See the terms and conditions)