This trek is ideal for those who want to be in communion with nature, in the heart of the agricultural terraces overlooking the Urubamba Valley, majestic archaeological sites and go to meet local people in a corner of Peru unknown to the general public, for an exclusive and unforgettable expedition.
At 06:30 in the morning, go to your hotel and drive to the community of Patabamba (3'700m.) Approximately 1h30 from Cusco. Patabamba is a village located 600 feet on the Urubamba River, a natural landscape that will offer you spectacular views of the canyon and the other side of the valley, the ruins and the town of Pisac. On site you will have the opportunity to share a breakfast with locals.
From Patabamba, we will start a 6-hour walk on an old Inca road, to the left of the canyon to the archaeological complex of Huchuy Qosqo (3'400m). This road was built at high altitude and is above the valley of the Urubamba River through farming communities and on the horizon the Cordillera Urubamba with its beautiful snow-capped peaks. Lunch near the site. We go down to Lamay where a private vehicle will be waiting for us. We will take the road to go to the community of Willoc.
Willoc - Community Tourism: Community known for its ancestral art of weaving, you will have the opportunity to discover their elaborate techniques and admire their work. You will also know all the regional products, from potatoes, to moraya through maize and chuño. Their expertise on medicinal herbs is also deeply rooted in their culture. The goal is to share a moment with locals respecting their tradition and their environment, while sharing knowledge and cultures.
Time of walking: 6 hours
Climate : Hot – Night fresh
Elevation : Cusco (3400 m) - Patabamba (3800 m) - Huchuy Qosqo (3600 m) - Willoc (3650 m)
After a good breakfast in the community of Willoc, we will walk towards Ollantaytambo. The path you will take is an ancient road used by the Incas, during their pilgrimage to the village of Ollantaytambo which was the gateway to Machu Picchu. You will discover the history of the Incas, while enjoying the Andean nature. Arrival Ollantaytambo`, you will visit the city - and it may be possible to visit the archaeological site of the city (not included but recommended). Then you will make the incredible train trip to Aguas Calientes. That night will be in a comfortable hotel.
Time of walking : 5 hours
Climate : Hot – Night fresh
Elevation :Huchuy Qosqo (3600 m) - Chinchero (3762 m) - Las Salineras (3000 m) - Ollantaytambo (2700 m) - Aguas Calientes (2050 m)
We will leave our hotel very early after breakfast and will take the first tourist bus, at 5.30am, which goes up to Machu Picchu (half an hour climb), to enjoy an unforgettable view with the sunrise on the site. Our guide will make us visit and explain to us how was the life in the citadel, as well as the cults and ceremonies that the Incas performed in the many temples and sacred places present on the site. After 2 hours of guided tour, you can enjoy the magic of the Machu Picchu sanctuary at your own pace. Those who wish can climb the mountain Huayna Picchu and will be rewarded with an exceptional view of Machu Picchu seen from above (NB: entry to Huayna Picchu must be booked in advance, preferably at the same time you book entrance to Machu Picchu). Shuttles take us back from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, from where we will take our train back to Ollantaytambo, then our bus to Cusco.
Time of walking : 2 hours
Climate : hot
Elevation : Aguas Calientes (2050 m) - Machu Picchu (2005 m) - Cusco (3400 m)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING
HOTEL & RESTAURANT
During the high season (May to August), we are subject to restrictions set by the Ministry of Culture, which provides us with passes for Mach Picchu, so the trek departure dates could be changed to one or two days past, we will then adapt the program so that you can make the most of it.
(1) Huayna Picchu mountain tour or Machu Picchu: To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the booking and guarantee your entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu. With, of course, an additional charge of $ 70.00 in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture (this new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Additional carrier : According to the law (26702) of the Ministry of Employment, the collaboration of an additional bearer will be granted at the request of the customer. However, the customer's luggage must not exceed 12 kilograms. The service costs USD 140 and includes transportation, entrance to the Inca Trail, food and camping equipment.
(3) Gratuities : For guides (and possible porters) are always welcome.
(4) Student card : To qualify for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION : For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense. (See the terms and conditions)