This trek is ideal for nature lovers in all its splendor. Huchuy Qosqo (small Cusco) is located above the Urubamba Valley and offers you magnificent views of the Cordillera Mountains of Vilcanota. You will end this excursion by the legendary site of Machu Picchu, ranked among the 7 wonders of the world.
We will start the bus tour to the small village of Tauca (3750m). The trek will start with typical valleys, rich in corn, potatoes, barley and quinoa. We will climb to the pass, located at 4200 meters altitude, then the landscape will change and give way to another type of vegetation, such as the "Ichu". We can admire the magnificent landscape of the Vilcabamba Cordillera, the snowy peaks of Veronica, Pitusiray, Chicon and San Juan. We will then start the descent to Huchuy Qosqo. We can see archaeological remains and wild plants, and the trail will take us through the canyon of Leon Punku, where we will see the remains of a bridge and an Inca trail. Huchuy Qosqo (3600m) is a recently renovated Inca complex located on a plateau and surrounded by agricultural terraces. From the archaeological site we will have a magnificent view of the mountains of Vilcabamba. Then we will go down to Lamay (2950m), where we will take the bus to Ollantaytambo. We will continue by train to Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night.
Time of walking : 6 hours
Time of transport : 2h40
Climate : Hot and the night is cold
Elevation : Cusco (3400 m) - Tauca (3750 m) - Huchuy Qosqo pass (4200 m) - Lamay (2950 m) - Ollantaytambo (2700 m) - Aguas Calientes (2050 m)
We will leave our hotel very early after breakfast and will take the first tourist bus, at 5.30am, which goes up to Machu Picchu (half an hour climb), to enjoy an unforgettable view with the sunrise on the site. Our guide will make us visit and explain to us how the life was in the citadel, as well as the cults and ceremonies that the Incas performed in the many temples and sacred places present on the site. After 2 hours of guided tour, you can enjoy the magic of the Machu Picchu sanctuary at your own pace. Those who wish can climb the mountain Huayna Picchu and will be rewarded with an exceptional view of Machu Picchu seen from above (entry to Huayna Picchu must be booked in advance). Shuttles take us back from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes, from where we will take our train back to Ollantaytambo, then our bus to Cusco.
Time of walking / visiting : 2 hours
Time of transport : 4 hours
Climate : hot
Elevation : Aguas Calientes (2050 m) -Machu Pichu (2400 m) - Cusco (3400 m)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING
HOTEL & RESTAURANT
During the high season (May to August), we are subject to restrictions set by the Ministry of Culture, which provides us with passes for Mach Picchu, so the trek departure dates could be changed to one or two days past, we will then adapt the program so that you can make the most of it.
(1) Huayna Picchu mountain tour or Machu Picchu: To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu, this requires a good time in advance. We take care of the booking and guarantee your entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu. With, of course, an additional charge of $ 70.00 in addition to the entrance to Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail, according to the regulation of the Ministry of Culture (this new law came into force on July 18, 2011).
(2) Additional carrier : According to the law (26702) of the Ministry of Employment, the collaboration of an additional bearer will be granted at the request of the customer. However, the customer's luggage must not exceed 12 kilograms. The service costs USD 140 and includes transportation, entrance to the Inca Trail, food and camping equipment.
(3) Gratuities : For guides (and possible porters) are always welcome.
(4) Student card : To qualify for the $ 20.00 student discount, you must have a valid ISIC student card when booking - not just when you arrive in Cusco! The validity must correspond to the whole year in progress. When booking, we will need a copy of your card. The Ministry of Culture is strict when regulating student cards.
(5) CANCELLATION : For any last minute cancellation, the expenses already made by the agency will be at your expense. (See the terms and conditions)